North End Gallery based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Retail sales associate. North End Gallery features an impressive collection of original artwork in various mediums, including painting, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, textiles, and photography. Our each piece represents the unique perspectives, styles, and cultural influences of the artists, showcasing the diverse artistic expression found in the region. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: North End Gallery
Position: Retail sales associate
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) / 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Shifts: Day, Weekend
Transportation information: Public transportation is available
Work setting: Specialty shop, In shop, Urban area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Type of product: Art or graphic arts, Furniture and house furnishings, Jewellery
- The candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to stand, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be dependable, reliable, and organized
- The candidates should be adaptable, analytical, collaborative, creative
- The candidates should be efficient, proactive, energetic, goal-oriented, hardworking, integrated, outgoing, should have positive attitude, and time management skills
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to operate cash register, operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- The candidates should be able to provide advice about merchandise, assist in display of merchandise
- The candidates should be able to conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- The candidates should be able to greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- The candidates should be able to maintain sales records for inventory control
- The candidates should be able prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
118-1116 Front Street
Between 10:00 AM and 06:00 PM
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!