Senior Engineering Officer
Canadian Coast Guard based in St. John’s (Newfoundland and Labrador), Dartmouth (Nova Scotia) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Senior Engineering Officer. Canadian Coast Guard can be defined as a Special Operating Agency within Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO). We work to embrace proactive culture for 24/7 service to Canadians and for Canadians. We are known to be responsible for duties such as response to on-water and maritime incidents using a variety of vessels, hovercraft, helicopters, and small craft; and providing vital information and assistance to vessels, including navigation support, distress and safety communications and coordination of maritime trade. We have also got an announcement by the government of Canada, an Oceans Protection Plan, a whole of government approach to improve marine safety, to work with Indigenous groups, provinces, territories, and other stakeholders to better co-manage Canada’s oceans. We are known to be dedicated to deliver on this significant initiative and other departmental commitments. We always look for enthusiastic, motivated individuals to join our team in making an impact on the lives of Canadians. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined. When the candidate applies to this selection process, he/she is not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. The positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Employer Name: Canadian Coast Guard
Position: Senior Engineering Officer
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $39.14 to $47.39 per hour, $40.62 to $45.05 per hour and $42.74 to $47.39 per hour
Employment Type: Full time
Location: John’s (Newfoundland and Labrador), Dartmouth (Nova Scotia)
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English and French Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need experience of working in various departments the details to the same are explained below
To be determined
- The candidates who are of 3rd Class Engineer Motor Ship need Transport Canada Certification of Competency with valid STCW Continued Proficiency of Endorsement
- The candidates who are 2nd Class Engineer Motor Ship need Transport Canada Certification of Competency with valid STCW Continued Proficiency of Endorsement
- The candidate should be able to work effectively with others
- The candidate should be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate should be able to work with an initiative
- The candidates who are of 2nd Class Engineer Motor Ship need Transport Canada Certification of Competency with valid STCW Continued Proficiency of Endorsement.
- The candidates who are of 1st Class Engineer Motor Ship need Transport Canada Certification of Competency with valid STCW Continued Proficiency of Endorsement.
- The candidates need experience as Senior Dayworking Engineer on Coast Guard Class A or higher vessel
- The candidates need operational experience as Senior Dayworking Engineer, on a vessel with a minimum of 575 KW propulsion power
- The candidates need experience in Marine Engineering Shore based positions
- The candidates need experience with preventive/predictive maintenance practices and experience with maintenance management programs.
- The candidates need a valid Health Canada Medical for seagoing personnel.
- The candidates need to maintain a valid Certificate of Competency.
- The candidates need to go to sea for prolonged periods of time and in adverse weather conditions.
- The candidates need to wear and maintain a uniform, safety footwear, and personal protective equipment to Canadian Coast Guard standards.
- The candidate should be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- The candidate should be willing to be deployed within the Atlantic Region.
- The candidate should have compliance with the CCG Safety Management System and Standards Adherence to the Canadian Coast Guard Respiratory Protection Program.
- The candidates who have vessels assigned primarily to Search and Rescue operations, employees must be within 30 minutes response time to the vessel during the assigned work period.
- The candidate must have a valid Canadian Passport (for identified positions).
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel by air, land or by sea.
- The candidates who are hired as the core public administration are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and attest to their vaccination status unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- The candidate should be able to take care of the safety of the vessel and the well-being of the crew
- The candidate should be able to keep motors and machinery in good working order and quickly detecting problems is essential to making sure Coast Guard vessels remain operational and can execute their missions.
- The candidate should be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the vessel’s propulsion machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- The candidate must be quickly able to troubleshoot broken equipment and make needed repairs
- The candidate should be able to directly supervise and coordinate the work of other engine room personnel
- The candidate should be responsible for maintaining various systems on board the ship, including electrical generation systems, pumps and fuel transfer systems, hydraulic and cooling systems, vapour circuits, water treatment systems, and compressed air circuits
- The candidate should be able to use the latest automation and control technologies
- The candidate should be able to make rounds to check for problems
- The candidate should be able to quickly diagnose equipment problems and execute the necessary repairs.
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get an inclusive and a barrier free work environment
- The employees get to work in a place who is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve.
- The employees get employment equity at the work environment
- The employees get competitive salary and other financial benefits
- The employees get to work in accordance to flexible work arrangements, volunteer days, and family-related leave
- The employees get learning and training opportunities to get support in their current and future career
- The employees get to work with one of the Canada’s top employers
The Canadian Coast Guard is known to be entrusted to deliver valuable programs and services to Canadians that save lives, protect the environment and support our Canadian economy. The company is known to offer an exciting sea-going and shore-based career opportunities in the delivery of critical maritime safety, security and response services. The company has also received a special recognition as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply by online through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!