The Mustard Seed based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Food Service Worker – Canada Summer Jobs. The Mustard Seed is a Christian non-profit organization that has been caring for individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty. We are operating in five cities across Alberta and British Columbia. We are known as a supportive haven where people can have their physical, mental, and spiritual needs met and grow toward greater health and independence. For more than three decades, we have been an agent of change, thanks to our donors, volunteers, and support from the community. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or internship/co-op employment. The candidates have to work in Shifts and are available to work Weekend shifts. The company’s Food Services team has an opening for a Food Service Worker who will, as part of a team, assist with preparing meals for guests.
Employer Name: The Mustard Seed
Position: Food Service Worker – Canada Summer Jobs
Position Type: Intern
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 per hour for 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Foothills Shelter, Calgary, AB
Shifts: Shifts and Available to work weekends
Reporting To: Food Services Supervisor
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a valid certificate from the Alberta Health Services Food Safe course
Experience: Candidates need experience in customer service department
- The candidate should have moderate to extreme physical effort, including Commercial kitchen setting, extended standing, reaching, lifting, and walking
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- The candidate should be able to able to successfully prepare food in a commercial kitchen for a large number of clients
- The candidate should be willing to take any necessary training the Mustard Seed requires
- The candidate should be able to resolve conflicts as they arise
- The candidate should be able to perform other duties as assigned.
- The candidate should have the desire to serve in the Christian ministry
- The candidate should be able to provide an Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require the candidates to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed
- The candidate must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- The candidate should be between 18 and 30 years of age
- The candidate should be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- The candidate should have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- The candidate should not be a member of the Immediate Family of the Employer or a member of the Immediate Family of an officer or director of the Employer
- The candidates have to ensure all food deliveries from suppliers and donations are received, sorted, and stored in the most efficient manner
- The candidate should be to receive, verifies orders and stores all purchased food and kitchen items
- The candidate should be able to receive donated goods, sorts and moves to appropriate area
- The candidate should be able to place food on the giveaway carts during meal times
- The candidate should be able to oversee stored food rotation
- The candidate should be able to maintain Occupational Health and Safety Standards
- The candidate should be able to follow the Environmental Health Services Guidelines regarding how food is prepared, handled, and stored
- The candidate should be able to keep all food inventories up-to-date
- The candidate should be able to greet and welcome all donors in a professional and respectful manner
- The candidate should be able to assist with cooking, preparing, and serving meals
- The candidate should be able to maintains cleanliness of kitchen i.e. Floors, countertops, walls.
- The candidate should be able to work in dish-pit, cleaning cookware and dishes.
- The candidate should be able to work alongside volunteers
- The candidate should be able to respect and follow necessary boundaries with coworkers, volunteers and guests
- The candidate should be able to perform other duties as assigned
- The employees get to work to benefit the community
- The employees get career development opportunities
- The employees get to work in a well-known place
- The employees get other benefits such as free refreshments at work, health benefits and more
In 1984, with the idea for a street ministry that came from Pat Nixon who founded The Mustard Seed. Working for years, today the organisation operates in multiple cities, including: Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and Medicine Hat in Alberta; and Kamloops in British Columbia. Various locations of the company offer an expansive range of programs and services to serve the most vulnerable community members.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Note: International students are not eligible for this post
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!