Windsor Regional Hospital based in Windsor, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Summer Student Program 2022. The Windsor Regional Hospital works with being responsible for acute care services in Windsor. We are affiliated with the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry-Windsor Campus, there are also a number of medical school students and resident physicians working at the two campuses. As the regional provider of advanced care, we provide the following services for the entire Erie St. Clair LHIN, the services include Complex Trauma, Renal Dialysis, Cardiac Care, Stroke and Neurosurgery, Intensive Care, Acute Mental Health, Family Birthing Centre, Neonatal Intensive Care, Paediatric Services, and Regional Cancer services. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or temporary employment. The shifts the candidates have to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Windsor Regional Hospital
Position: Summer Student Program 2022
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $15.25 per hour
Employment Type: Full time-Summer Jobs
Location: Met and Ouellette, Windsor, ON
Shifts: Various shifts
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language and linguistic knowledge
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as being a post-Secondary student attending an accredited University or Community College or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalent
Experience: Candidates need experience in food service and housekeeping
To be determined
- The candidates should have good oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should have good health and hygiene
- The candidate should have high standards of sanitation and safety
- The candidate should have good interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have knowledge and experience in food service, housekeeping
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate mature, professional and responsible attitude
- The candidate should be able to work within a collaborative team environment
- The candidate should have general good health and a level of fitness appropriate to the demands of the position
- The candidate should be able to work safely in accordance with all aspects of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- The candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- The candidate must be a minimum of 18 years of age by May 1, 2022
- The candidate must be attending school on a full-time basis at the time of application. Full – time attendance at school is defined as 4 or more courses per semester
- The candidate must have to remain eligible you must have completed the Winter semester on a full-time basis
- The candidate must be returning to full-time attendance in September of 2022
- The candidate must hold and maintain a Food Handler Certificate from the Windsor Essex County Health Unit
- The candidate upon selection students must satisfactorily complete a pre-placement medical examination arranged by Windsor Regional Hospital, and provide the hospital with an acceptable Criminal Records Check confirmation.
- The candidates should be students who are eligible to be employed in the Student Program for not more than three consecutive program years.
- The candidate should be able to participate in various activities and projects as designated by the Coordinator – Guest Services Network, Food & Nutrition Supervisors, and Environmental Services Supervisors.
- The candidate should be able to perform housekeeping responsibilities
- The candidate should be able to perform food and nutrition responsibilities
- The candidate should be able to perform cleaning responsibilities such as Washing floors, walls, windows, Cleaning bathrooms, Collecting Garbage, biomedical waste, recycling, Vacuuming, & extracting carpets and Maintaining floors using the appropriate equipment
- The candidate should be able to responsible for preparing food, assembling baking, working with fryers, grills
- The candidate should be able to handle cash, delivering and picking up trays
- The candidate should be able to work in dishroom
- The candidate should be able to clean floors
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive pay
- The employees get leave benefits such as paid and casual leaves
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get various career development opportunities
- The employees get equal opportunities
Working for years, today the Windsor Regional Hospital is the 15th largest hospital in the Province of Ontario and the 7th largest community teaching hospital. The hospital is serving a population of about 400,000 people in Windsor and Essex County along with providing tertiary and quaternary care to thousands more.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!