Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard College based in Sydney (Nova Scotia) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Instructor, Electronic and Informatics Technical Training (EITT). The Canadian Coast Guard College can be termed as a national maritime training facility located on scenic Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Our college is defined as a national college that provides training and services in French and English. In all, we as a college work with delivering programs to support the College’s mission and mandate in marine safety, security and environmental protection. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidates need to work in Flexible Hours and Overtime shifts.
The profiles of the unselected candidates will be used for the further job vacancies.
Employer Name: Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Canadian Coast Guard
Position: Instructor, Electronic and Informatics Technical Training (EITT)
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $78,787 to $97,637 per year
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Sydney (Nova Scotia)
Last Date of Application: 22nd November 2023
Shifts: Flexible hours, Overtime
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English, French and Bilingual Imperative languages
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a secondary school diploma. The candidate needs a completion of an acceptable training program in electronics technology or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
Experience: Candidates need experience in the field of Electronic System maintenance and/or recent experience as an electronic system instructor with significant experience in the field of Electronic System maintenance. Recent experience can be defined with 5 years. Significant experience can be defined with 3 years. Other required experience details are mentioned below.
To be determined
- The candidates need experience as an Electronics Technologist in the Canadian Coast Guard
- The candidates need experience as an instructor
- The candidate needs experience with networking equipment
- The candidate needs experience in Electronic System Installation
- The candidate needs experience in the development and planning of training.
- The candidates need knowledge of electronic principles and circuits
- The candidate should be able to work with values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to think things through
- The candidate should have engagement skills
- The candidate should have excellence skills to their work
- The candidate should have relationships with colleagues, clients, users and superiors
- The candidate should be able to handle responsibilities for resources, budgeting and use of assets
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate effectively orally
- The candidate should have the ability to communicate effectively in writing
- The candidate should have the ability to deliver effective presentations
- The candidate should have the ability to create and modify training materials using MS Word and Powerpoint
- The candidate should have the ability to develop training materials and diagrams using MS Visio.
- The candidate should have the ability to develop training materials and assessment tools.
- The candidate should have the ability to prepare and lead practical exercises
- The candidate should be willing and able to travel
- The candidate should have the Reliability security clearance
- The candidate should be able to wear the Canadian Coast Guard uniform
- The candidate should have a valid Driver’s License
- The candidates should fully COVID-19 vaccinated
- The candidate should be able to plan and deliver EITT and legislative courses and training for CCG learners and external clients, and provide tutoring and remedial training to trainees on an individual or group basis.
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain a variety of communications, navigational, and informatics systems used in the delivery of technical training.
- The candidate should be able to develop and review projects, course outlines, objectives, and training documentation related to electronic systems and informatics training to instruct on the setup and operation of EITT equipment with an emphasis on practical and on-the-job learning.
- The candidate should be able to develop and administer assessment tools to evaluate students progress and provide individualized feedback, and submit final marks to the Superintendent, EITT.
- The candidate should be able to test, evaluate and assist with the technical maintenance of EITT equipment and machinery parts and assists in the procurement of additional equipment and materials.
- The candidate should be able to advise CCGC management as a subject matter expert (SME) on electronics and informatics and liaise with College staff and Life Cycle Managers to ensure equipment and facilities are operational and courses objectives remain relevant.
- The employees get to work in a well known company
- The employees get an inclusive and a barrier free work environment
- The employees get to work in a place who is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve.
- The employees get employment equity at the work environment
- The employees get competitive salary and other financial benefits
- The employees get to work in accordance to flexible work arrangements, volunteer days, and family-related leave
- The employees get learning and training opportunities to get support in their current and future career
- The employees get to work with one of the Canada’s top employers
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, with other certificates and being prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!