Super 8 based in Creek, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Front desk clerk, hotel. Super 8 is one of the reputed hotels with luxury facilities. We are known to provide high-quality service to our happy customers. Our mission is to make hotel travel accessible to everyone, everywhere. We provide the best hospitality services to all our customers and inspire travel through unique experiences. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The position of Front desk clerk, hotel is approved by LIMA.
Employer’s Name: Super 8
Position: Front desk clerk, hotel
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.18 to $15.50 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 1307 Freebairn Ave Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Hospitality industry, Staff accommodation available, Hotel, motel, resort, Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates should have standard educational qualification such as Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided.
Computer and technology knowledge: Multi-line switchboard, Word processing software, Database software, Computerized bookkeeping system, Central reservation system (CRS), Spreadsheet, Internet
Security and safety: Criminal record check
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation, Public transportation is not available
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be required to stand for extended periods and work under pressure.
- The candidate should be accurate, initiative, judgemental and focused on client.
- The candidate should have dependability, flexibility, reliability.
- The candidate should be organised and a good team player.
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication and excellent written communication skill.
- The candidate should register arriving guests and assign rooms, process group arrivals and departures, take, cancel and change room reservations, provide information on hotel facilities and services, provide general information about points of interest in the area.
- The candidate should investigate and resolve complaints and claims, exchange foreign currency, process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments, balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms.
- The candidate should maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments, follow emergency and safety procedures, clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying), answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- The candidate should be able to assist clients/guests with special needs, handle wake-up calls, perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties, provide customer service.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!