The Government of Yukon based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Manager – Community Nursing Public Health Programs. The Government of Yukon is the territorial equivalent of Canada’s Parliament. Our legislature is made up of the Commissioner of Yukon and the Yukon Legislative Assembly. Our Premier and Cabinet belong to the political party with the most elected members in the Legislative Assembly. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Government of Yukon
Position: Manager – Community Nursing Public Health Programs
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $106,668.00 to $146,491.00 per year for 75 hours bi-weekly
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2C6 CA (Primary)
Department: Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Community Nursing North
Job Type: Term/Temporary
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English, French and Bilingual Languages.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as baccalaureate in Nursing at minimum, having post-baccalaureate education in public health is an asset
Experience: Candidates need experience in program improvement and system change in a public health setting.
- The candidate should have the ability to lift up to 15 kilograms
- The candidate should be able to work in rotational after-hours managerial emergency coverage by phone
- The candidate should be a group of the high-performing, compassionate people dedicated to serving with respect and purpose
- The candidate should be committed to the ongoing development of our team, and are recognized for our professional development opportunities, including our mentorship program designed to prepare and support nurses who serve rural communities in delivering public health services and work in an expanded scope of practice
- The candidate should be able to form an integral part of our collaborative leadership team, using your unique skill set to lead teams, empower employees in their decision making, and collaborate with leadership to meet the needs of communities in the provision of primary and public healthcare delivery
- The candidate should have current registration in good standing with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory body and have a recent, substantial experience in a supervisory/managerial role including direct leadership of public health programs and teams
- The candidate should have an experience in program improvement and system change and also have an experience monitoring and managing operational budgets expenditures
- The candidate having demonstrated continuous learning/development in healthcare administration, leadership, or management is considered an asset
- The candidate should have skills such as Modeling Interpersonal Skills and Personal Responsibility, Demonstrating Client Focus, Influencing Others, Thinking Strategically, Taking Action and Achieving Results, Promoting Common Values and Ethics and Leading Change and Innovation.
- The candidate should be able to provide RCMP clearance with vulnerable sector check, Valid Class 5 Yukon driver’s license or equivalent, Yukon Registered Nursing Association registration in good standing, TB clearance and CPR level C
- The candidate should have willingness and ability to travel. Travel may be by air or road during all seasons throughout Yukon
- The candidate should have a potential exposure to infectious body fluids, needle stick injuries or interactions with aggressive clients while on site visits
- The candidate should be able to provide specialized programming designed to meet the unique needs of our Northern, Yukon communities.
- The candidate should be able to seek to foster relationships with Indigenous Peoples and collaborate with First Nations’ leadership to continually improve population health status in Yukon communities.
- The candidate should be responsible for using a public health-based focus when managing the development, implementation and evaluation of major programs for the benefit of the Community Nursing branch and the public
- The candidate should be able to provide -person and remote leadership/coaching and supervision of staff, collaborating to understand the needs of the communities we serve and ensuring the operational requirements of the branch are met. This will include managing expenditures, identifying budgetary requirements, establishing/maintaining standards of practice, and creating/sustaining a healthy work environment
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!