Cavicchi’s Meats Inc based in Upper Tantallon, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Meat Packer-Food and Beverage Processing. Cavicchi’s Meats Inc is known as a proud local business built upon a strong foundation of family values. We are known for our no-nonsense sausage recipes that helped us to flourish into the amazing business to see its clients today. Our company is known to be created with unique and time-tested products by drawing on experiences in the meat cutting industry, retail grocers, and alongside mentor meat cutters from Italy and Hungary. Our company/family is known to have a rich history full of strong values, unique stories and treasured traditions. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidate has to work in Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning shifts.
Employer Name: Cavicchi’s Meats Inc
Position: Meat Packer-Food and Beverage Processing
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $14.00 to $24.00 per hour for 30 to 45 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 5421 St Margarets Bay Rd, Upper Tantallon, NS, B3Z 2H9
Job ID: 22052706
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver’s licence
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset, also training will be provided to the candidates.
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Security and Safety: Driver’s validity licence check, Driving record check (abstract), Criminal record check
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- The candidate should be able to feed and unload processing machines
- The candidate should be able to clean machines and immediate work areas
- The candidate should be able to check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- The candidate should be able to assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get financial benefits such as bonus
- The employees get various long-term benefits
- The employees get other benefits such as Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer and Team building opportunities
Established in 2008, Cavicchi’s Meats Inc is owned and operated by Grant and Bev Cavicchi and was established fairly recently—when the family’s basement was turned into a provincially inspected and licensed plant. With time, the company’s each generation passed down methods and recipes that would go on to be used in its first sausages. Working for years, having a stroke of good luck, a lot of hard work, and more than 35 years of experience, its local family business was born.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume, including reference number, cover letter, copy of portfolio or relevant work examples, writing samples and being prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Reference number must to be included in your application
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!