Tri-Fab Metals Ltd. based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fabrication Welder. Tri-Fab Metals Ltd. can be termed as a full service Custom Metal Fabrication and Welding Facility with CWB Certified Welders for both In Shop Fabrication and On-site Installation/Plant Maintenance. We are known to pride ourselves on our versatility, knowledge, and ability to stay ahead of the curve. We are known to provide our customers with the best quality product at competitive prices. In all, we have realized that in order to be recognized as a leader in the custom metal fabrication and welding industry, we need to be responsive, reliable, innovative, and deliver quality work to every project that bore our name. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Tri-Fab Metals Ltd.
Position: Fabrication Welder
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $35.00 to $39.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, At heights, Confined spaces, Dusty
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates needs an experience of 5 years or more
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, Welder Trade Red Seal Certificate, Fall Arrest Protection Training Course, Confined Space Entry Training, Aerial lift and aerial work platform Certification
Type of Materials: Aluminum alloys, Stainless steel, Steel, iron and heavy metals
Welding Techniques: Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW), Flux core arc welding (FCAW)
Equipment and Machinery Experience:
Arc welding machine, Gas welding machine
Area of Specialization: Custom fabrication, Structural construction, Fencing, balconies, stairs and railings
Security and Safety: Drug test
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own Tools/Equipment: Tools, Steel-toed safety boots, Welding helmet
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be able to work with manual dexterity and pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination and work for overtime hours
- The candidate should be physically demanding and be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client and have an efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have an excellent oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way and be a team player
- The candidate should be able to interpret welding process specifications
- The candidate should be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
- The candidate should be able to examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- The candidate should be able to operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- The candidate should be able to operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC)
- The candidate should be able to determine weldability of materials
- The candidate should be able to operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary
- The employees get paid leaves and sick leaves benefits
- The employees get free refreshments at work
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!